Monday, May 4, 2009

Close encounter with a scary and slimy creature

What is this weird looking creature?

They named it Pong. My hoomans have always kept it in an aquarium. Over the past few months, it grew very fast. But, it was not a threat to me since it was always imprisoned in its glass home. However, mom decided to let it crawl all over the house today just to see how fast it could do it. The creature crawled. At first, it was unsure of the path it would take, then, recognizing the voices, it crawled towards the hoomans and stretched its long neck to look at them.


Then, it saw me. It crawled very slowly but has decided a path towards me. I panicked and hid in one corner. I was seen. I don't know where to go anymore. The thing was still staring at me with its slimy eyes (shudder). It opened its mouth to show a toothless smile but that was not very reassuring because its beak looked very sharp. Pong had me cornered. I tried to bark at it but it was not threatened by my voice. It creeped steadily towards me, inching closer and closer to where I was hiding. When it was only a few inches from me, Mom grabbed it and placed it back in its aquarium. She was scared that I might hurt it.

I might hurt it?! It was coming to hurt me! Hoomans! Sometimes, they have a screwed up way of looking at things.


12 comments:

JD and Max said...

Phew Charlie, that was a close call! It's very brave of you to blog about this experience so close to it actually happening - we're not sure what we'd do if we saw something that alien coming towards us *shudder!* Good job your humans stepped in to help out - albeit a little late, he he! Tail wags - JD and Max.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Hi Charlie, we heard about you from Suzuki. Don't be afraid of the turtle. Thunder once made friends with one he called Tommy.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Teddy Bear said...

Wow, that is one slimy turtle. He looks very friendly. Maybe next time you can get close enough to him to smell him and see if you two can be friends.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

Lorenza said...

Hi, Charlie!
Sounds like you were really scared!
Maybe next time you can have a good talk with him!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mason Dixie said...

You poor thing I can not believe that turtle was after you!! It is not your fault you get 90% of all the attention. =)

Suzuki said...

Oh, you poor thing Charlie! Are you ok now?
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Kodak the Eskie said...

I don't think Pong will hurt you. But I don't blame you for not liking it!

Hugs, Kodak

White Dog Blog said...

We have a Spur Heeled Tortoise named Tortuga who is about 12" across. He doesn't play very well, either but he always wants to crawl over my toys when dad lets him out of his pen. I am afraid to take my toys away from him so I try to get them all and put them up on the couch BEFORE he heads toward them!

Aki and Poopie said...

manang had a chinese turlte who died when she moved to Manila after school. she called him Bao (bow). She is thinking of getting a new one again but her feng shui consultant "kuno" insists taht it is "bad luck"... what do you think Charlie? they sure do bring bad luck for us dogs, i guess. other than that, i think they're cool!

stay away from the dreaded beak. they snap! hehe.

drooly kisses,

Aki

Autumn and Jasmine the Maltese said...

Hello there *wags tail*

Drop by to say thanks for the good vibes u sent for my lil brother last time =]

I linked ya to my blog, so please feel free to drop my >D

Hugs n kisses,
Autumn

Hana said...

Have you warned Isis yet about the slimy creature? She has one in her yard!

Anonymous said...

Heya ,
If Max was there he would stepped on it for you. Those things are in our lake where we go swimming but we give them a wide berth. You handled the situation very cautiously which is always best.
- TBH
http://bumpasshounds.blogspot.com