My mom came for a visit yesterday and promised to see me more often. My grandma has been taking care of me while she's gone. She told her of the many wonderful tricks I've learned. For example, I wake my grandma at 4 a.m everyday to ask her to take me out and when she would ignore my pleadings, I would paw her face until she relents. She also told my mom how I have trained her to give me more treats by not touching my regular meals, then giving her the "Im-so-hungry-I-will-die-if-you-dont-feed-me look" on my face, while pointing to the cupboard where my yummy treats are hidden.
My mom told her not to let me boss her around. But, my grandma said that she's only doing it because she does not want me to feel depressed because of the moving away situation. Now, I can see that our new set-up has its advantages.
My mom decided to set up ground rules so that I will not unlearn all the training I had. But, Im not sure how long my grandma will able to comply with the rules.



7 comments:
Charlie, you are bummed and your family life is crazy at the moment. Why don't you take it easy (on your grandma too) and when you're ready, we'll be waiting for you.
Twink!
RutRoh!
Something tells me the humans will win this one so I'd take it easy on your grandma!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
There has to be SOME compensation for all the craziness you are forced to endure! A few treats and on-demand outsies isn't too much to ask! Glad you are seeing more of your mom.
Good job, Charlie!
I know you are having fun at your grandma with all those new tricks... but what is going to happen when you go back to your house?? Hmmm...
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Oh, Charlie, Grandmas are supposed to spoil their Grandkids. Pawing at her face...that is too funny. I'm so glad you had a visit with your Mom.:)
Love,
Teddy Bear
Glad that you are seeing your Moms more often!
Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three
http://fiestythree.blogspot.com
Hi Charlie,
Oh yes - the 'I'm so hungry I might just die' routine is a doggie tried and tested favourite of ours too, he he he! But 4.00 am? Your grandma must love you VERY much, our humans would not be impressed if we did that. Well, actually we do wake them early sometimes and they get over it, so maybe we should do it more often..... Um, judging by the look female human has just given us maybe not!! We're glad your mom is visiting often - you'll be back together before you know it. Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.
Post a Comment