Friday, March 26, 2010

Birthday Boy

I'm three years old today! Lola prepared roast chicken and mama bought cake and ice cream for everyone. I ate A LOT of chicken and got a little ice cream treat too! Everyone was kissing me and greeting me a happy birthday. It was a very special day, after all, how often does one turn three years old.

Mama also bought me this stuffed teddy bear to replace the one we had to throw out because it received too much love from me.


When everyone else went to bed, mommy and I were still downstairs. I was busy grooming my bear when I saw Mama tearing up so I went to her and sniffed her face.

She gave me a tight hug and told me how happy I made her for the past three years. But, as I celebrate my birthday, she is reminded how short a dog's life really is and that makes her really really sad. She said while we may spend a few wonderful years together, life without me is too hard to imagine.

I let her hug me for a very long time until her fears went away. Then, I got my bear gave it to her, stayed beside her and that made her feel better.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd birthday!!! I wonder how much crying your momma's going to do for your 13th. Wow, she's going to miss out if she thinks that way. I know because I have a 10 year old sister and I watch my mom worry about her every day. Stop mommies, just enjoy us while we all can.
Twinkie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I knew what today was when woo mentioned something khoming!!!

Happy Birfday!
Happy Barkday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm glad woo had a great pawty and got such a great pressie!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Moms seem to like to make themselves sad thinking too much - they need to be like us: one day at a time!

White Dog Blog said...

Happy Barkday, my Special Friend. May you have a long life to share with mom and to love each other and to create thousands of special memories. Your Bear is extra wonderful!. You are such a great boy to cuddle with mom and ease her fears. The chicken and ice cream sound like the perfect celebration! I celebrate with you in spirit and send you hugs from Albuquerque.

Piappies World said...

Happy Happy 3rd Barkday to you!!! Your pawrty look so much fun! You are so loved. Have many many happy years ahead.

-Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar & the Piappies

Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie!
Glad you had a great time celebrating your big day!
My mom knows how your mom feels about it but she says it is better to enjoy every day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Animal Doctor said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday Charlie!!! Wow you sure had lots of fun and a wonderful gift on your special day. I miss being 3 again hehe

love, your "kuya" Jappy

All the doggies and kitties here are blowing you kisses :)

White Dog Blog said...

Has the re-move in date back to your house been set yet? I am hoping it is soon. Don't forget to leave a comment on Ben's blog! It is worth $1 toward animal rescue: http://lifeon3legs.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/a-year-ago/

Teddy Bear said...

Happy Barkday, Charlie. You sure had a wonderful day...chicken, ice cream, and a new teddy bear? Pawesome! My Mommy understands how your Mommy feels. She gets all teary eyed just thinking about that terrible day. Cherish every moment.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

JD and Max said...

Hi Charlie - FH said she completely understood this post as she's sometimes overwhelmed by how much she loves us and can't imagine us not being around. She sometimes also has times when she wonders what it will be like for the remaining schnauzer when one of us goes as one of us is bound to go first....

But we tell her not to be silly and to just enjoy the moment! We're happy schnauzers and we love our life, no matter how long or short it might be. What more could you ask for than that?

Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Prints the Cat said...

The photo of you with your teddy bear is precious. I hope your Mom frames some of the pics.

Prints the Cat said...

I am just looking back at some of your posts and photos. Charlie will be missed very much by us. We will never forget him