
Thank you for the support you have given me during this difficult time. I was really touched and found comfort as I tearfully read each and every comment posted. I'm especially thankful to our friends, Siku and her mom, Teddy Bear and his mommy, Prints and Angel Hana's mommy, Khyra, The Piappies, Lorenza, The Secretary and all the dogs living with them, especially Charlie's Kuya Jappy.
As I ponder about Charlie's death, the raw and painful reality that I will never see him again washes over me, reducing me to the crying wreck that I have been these past few days.
His sudden illness and death shocked me. Last week, he was playful and happy. Now, he is gone. Please hug your pets tightly tonight, show them your love, give them your attention and never take for granted the time you spend with them.
Its the little things I miss the most, his endearing habits and quirks.

I will never feel the careful but insistent gritting of his teeth on my jeans or my sleeve, his own way of saying "Hey, I missed you." I will never see that eager face, begging for an ice cube, whenever I would open the freezer. I will never see his special way of jumping, excited to go out for a walk, then, patiently staying still until I clip the leash on his collar. I will miss the doggy kisses he generously gives.
We buried Charlie in our family home outside the city, overlooking a lake. As we drove to his final resting place, I remembered all the wonderful times spent together, especially the trip to the beach we had last year.
Charlie taught me life lessons that I would never forget. He taught me the importance of cherishing family and loved ones. From him, I learned to believe in my own capacity to overcome adversities - to keep trudging, even in difficult moments, knowing that I will be able to get through it and everything will be alright. I am really fortunate to have known him.
Though I am still grieving, I find solace in the fact that he has moved on to a better place, happy and whole again. I love him so much and I would not be able to bear the thought of him suffering. I am happy that he is now running free at the Rainbow Bridge.
Farewell my love, my payaba. I will miss you forever.
Irene






36 comments:
What an incredibly thoughtful post -
We thank you for the kind words -
As we try to find the reasons for things like 'this' I would say it is the lesson you helped to remind us about: love, caring, and seizing each moment we have -
Thanks for sharing these special pics of Charlie -
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Phyll
Our hearts go out to you in your devastating loss. One thing to remember is that you really do have all those wonderful things about Charlie held deeply in your heart and there to recall at any second. Cherish the wonderful memories and thank you for sharing them with us.
Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Irene.
Thanks to you for sharing Charlie with us.
Your tribute to him is beautiful.
All the great memories will be forever in your heart and in ours too.
We love Charlie and you a lot.
Take care
Lorenza and mom
Hi Irene,
It's really wonderful that you have laid him in a special place. What is good is that the memories will never leave you for these will be forever in your heart. We are sure that you are as special to him as he was to you.
You have us here to support you especially during these difficult times.
-Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies
Thank you for the reminder to never take the little things for granted. This weekend, all my pets have gotten extra hugs and kisses from me. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and keep them where they are right now. But it's a journey we take together and in the end, our hearts pay the price. Yet it's a price I'm all too willing to pay - as I know you were - to have them in my life for a while.
Amber, Mayzie's mom
w0w, that post brought tears to my eyes...we never know how long we have with them...They can leave us in a second like ur charlie and our angel lacylulu, sooo always love them like there's no tomorrow..
a sad,
rocky
bear
angel lacylulu
and mama..
Dear Charlie's Mommy,
I know that your Charlie loved you. Mommy says she can see a little bit of me in your Charlie. I love my Mommy and I want to get better for her. I know your Charlie fought for you, but it was just to much for his little body. He is happy now, and he can eat whatever he wants now(no worrying about kidney unfriendly foods).
Mack
You made me cry and this is only my second time here to visit. Charlie was a very lucky doggie to have lived with your love for him. Every day he knew happiness and love with you. I am so so sorry he is gone physically, but never far from your heart or dreams. Maybe some night you will hear him bark. This happened to me when my little Suzie crossed. A few months after her death from a fatal seizure I was lying awake one night in bed, I was not asleep. I heard one loud bark, Suzie's bark, ooming from the hallway outside of my bedroom. It was not a weak bark, it was very strong. All my other pups were sleeping. It was an amazing moment and it never happened again. It was as though she let me know she was ok. xoxo
Irene, I am crying as I read your post. What a beautiful tribute to your Best Friend, your Baby. It's easy to see that you loved him with all your heart. He looks so very happy in all his photos. Although it was short, I know you gave him a full and wonderful life. We will cherish every moment and we will never, ever forgot your beloved Charlie.
Much love to you,
Mimi (Teddy Bear's Mommy)
Khyra sent me. My eyes are full of tears as I read your wonderful post to beautiful Charlie. What a truly special dog he must have been to fill your Heart with so much love. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories and photos of him. I will give my dog an extra tight hug in memory of your dear sweet Charlie.
Peace,
K and Suka
We came over from Khyra's - sorry we have not met you before.
Although we did not have the priviledge of getting to know Charlie through his blog your tribute lets us know what a very special dog he was.
It is so very painful to lose a dog and oh how we wish they lived longer.
Charlie will stay in your heart forever - a treasured part of your life - you have so many great memories.
How lucky we are to have been loved by such dogs that have enriched our lives in so many ways.
Your lovely tribute brought tears today.
Take care
Martha & Bailey's Mum xxxx
Mom can hardly see to type through her tears. What a beautiful tribute to your handsome boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
When the pain is so new and raw, there is only pain. But as time passes, you will smile at all the wonderful moments you share.
Woofs,
Tommy and The Poupounette Gang
Hugs for u.
HUGS and Purrrrrrrrrrrs from me and Baby Patches! That was a wonderful post and tribute to your baby and you are so right about how you should cherish every moment as you just don't know when the time might come. Those memories will stay with you forever in your heart as your love for Charlie will as well.
Take care. Time really does help.
Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com
When a special furkid leaves they take a piece of your heart with them. Mom's Eskie, Katie, was a lot like that and she still feels sad sometimes even though it's been a few years. Time heals and one day those memories won't hurt so much.
((Purrs and(Hugs))
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
Thank you, Irene, for thinking of us at a time when your thoughts and heart are in tatters. We are honored to have shared your lives through words and images. It will take lots of time but the rawness will lessen and your loving memories will help fill the void. Take your time,grieve, cry if you feel like it, talk to Charlie. It took me over a year to wash the door window panes that had Sheena's pawprints on them when she was suddenly taken from us...and during every one of those days, I teared up when I looked at the door and remembered that she would never pass through again. I truly believe Sheena saw my pain from heaven and sent Siku to help me love again. You remain important to us, know you are not alone.
We came by from Khyra's to say how sorry we are for your loss. Warm purrs and tail wags.
Dearest Charlie,
Your family, especially your Mom, loved you so much and will continue to love and cherish your memory.
As your friend, I take solace in the thought that you had a happy life on earth. Run and be free like the wind, Charlie Boy.
your Kuya Jappy
I just wead about youw tewwibull loss on the animal doctow's bloggie.
Youw sweet Chawlie had the most bootiful smile and i know you will keep his love and sweetness wif you always. Mommi and I awe so sowwy fow youw pain. Life is vewy unfaiw sometimes. Please take ouw love and my smoochie kisses to help heal youw heawt
love
Asta and mommi
I am sending my heartfelt condolences - even though I didn't really know Charlie!
Lotsaluv
MAXMOM AND MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA
Irene, this is very sad news. I am very sorry to hear that our "humping bunny dog" has already passed away. Our heartfelt condolences.
Our hearts break with yours - sorry he had to go - Thank you for loving him with all your heart and soul..
We'll hold tight in our prayers you family & say a very special pray for Charlie..
XXoooXXooXooo
Dear Charlie,
PAsensya na at hindi kita nadalaw. At kagaya ng yumao kong anak na si Bogart, kahit hindi ko nasabi ito sa iyo, sadyang minahal ko ang pagiging kaibigan mo! We will miss you Charlie!
Sumo and Sweepy
Irene, we feel for you and hope you will remain our friend...Lui
We are so sorry to hear about Charlie. He was so beautiful. We enjoyed reading about him and his special ways. We send hugs and wishes for peace.
love & wags,
River & crew
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in memories of Charlie. Your blog is a wonderful way to relive those memories.
Teddy, CC-man, T-man Angel and mom
Dear dear dear Irene.....
We're sooooooooooooo sad for you....
Pleaseeeeeeee......forgive us getting in such a huge delay reading what's happened to you and your special Charlie!!!!!!!
We can imagine your pain......I were sooo worried for Paco and I can feel what you are feeling now!!!!!!
We can't find reasons when things like this happening in our life!!!!!
And that is the reason because we must live the moment everyday!!!!
I know Charlie got from you all the love and care and cuddles you could give him!!!!!
He has been very verylucky to have you close to him in his life and sure his life it's been great thanks to you!!!!!!!!!
I knoe he's running free in the wind on the rainbow bridge waiting all of us to play with him!!!!!!
And I'm sure my PAco is doing better now thanks to your Angel in a big part!!!!!!!!
I would love give him a huge hug!!!!!!!
Those memories are GREAT and we're crying with you!!!!!!!!
Keep them in your hearts furever as we'll do too!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing them with us....you're a great mommy!!!!
Keep in touch dear friend......we need your love and we're here for you!!!!!!!
TAke care of you!!!!!!!!!
We'll keep Angel Charlie furever in our thoughts...prayers...hearts!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Sweet kisses.....hugs.....and tons of love from all of us!!!!!!
Simona and the GAng
Oh my heart breaks for you. We lost our dear Henry over a week ago. Dogs can love in ways humans are incapable ... pure and unconditional.
You can tell by the look in your dog's eyes that he was loved and loved you. I'm so sorry for your loss.
http://seasonsofmymind.blogspot.com/2010/04/goodbye-henry-i-love-you.html
Irene,
Today while we were enjoying our unexpected Day out, we stopped at the nursery and I helped mom and dad choose a day lily plant that is white with purple freckles in its throat. This weekend dad will help me plant it in our special memory garden in honor of Charlie. I will watch over it carefully and remember my dear friend each time I go out into the yard. I know he is healthy and happy on the other side of the Bridge but I do miss him so.
I am so sad reading about Charlie. Everytime I do the tears stream down.
What a sweet Eskie Charlie was and what a wonderful Mom you were to him.
All I can say is that I am so sorry you have lost him. How much you must miss him.
Know that he is happy running free at the Rainbow Bridge and that you will see him again one day.
Take care,
Gwyn and Casper, Buddy, Nikki(and Jazzy who is also at the Bridge)
Dear Irene,
I know that Mother's Day is an American tradition today but we wanted to take a minute to tell you what a wonderful mom you were to Charlie. You provided a loving, nurturing, caring environment that made him feel safe, secure, happy and very very loved every second of your time together...because that is what great moms do. It is ok to cry today and wrap your arms around yourself as you hug Charlie to your heart; hear him whisper "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!"
Irene,
Just wanted you to know we were thinking about Charlie and you today as we sat in the yard this afternoon watching the big fluffy clouds above us. We miss him so.
Irene,
Listen to Charlie speaking to your heart...you will know from that when it is time to open your heart up to loving and sharing your life with another pup. Charlie knows how generous, big hearted and nurturing you are and how special he will always be so believe me, he will lead you to the perfect choice. Mom's beloved sheltie, Sheena, sent me to my family because she saw how lonely mom was and hated seeing her with a broken heart and no one to wrap her arms around...Charlie knows.
Irene,
We are all thrilled for you and your new boy! There is nothing that we can imagine would please Charlie more than you raising and loving and sharing your life and home to one of Myra's pups! What is his name? Both Siku and Quinn woof their congratulations and approval! (Always trust the dogs). We cannot wait to hear more (and see photos). Again, our hearts are full of joy for you. It DOES feel perfectly right!!!!
Irene, we just heard the great news!!! We are thrilled for you and can't wait to see your new baby.
XOXO,
Teddy Bear's Mommy, Mimi
Post a Comment