Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dumbo Ears

They nicknamed me Dumbo ears, I don't know why.

I am often teased because they said my ears are too big. I used to get self-conscious about it because according to breed standard, my ears should be small and pointed upright. Instead I got ears that are big, wide and floppy at the ends.

But, my mommy said that she loves me so much - Dumbo ears and all. She said she would never think of exchanging me for another dog even that dog would conform more to the standard breed. For me, that's all that matters. I don't need affirmation from other people. All I need is her care and attention. Who cares if I don't fit the standard. For her, I am the most beautiful dog in the world.

9 comments:

Lorenza said...

You are rigth.
The most important thing is the love we get from our families!
I hope you are having a great sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hana said...

Dumbo, ah-hem, ah, I meant Charlie, your ears are just fine. I think they're very cute!

The Florida Furkids said...

Hi Charlie! We think your ears are purrfect!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Aki and Poopie said...

aw silly breeders andd hob-nob show people... dogs do not need to conform with their silly profiteering standards in order to earn a good home and be loved. what matters is that you love your mummy and your mummy loves you.

i am a monochrid and a lot of dogs with my condition are killed mercilessly because it is a supposed "defect". manang says... "bleeeeeee..." i am the handsomest lab in the world and no silly standard is going to change that.

so you go, Charlie! flap those bat ear wings and strut in front of those show judges. let them drool for what their drool is worth! ha!

you are handsome and dont you ever forget that, kapish?

drooly kisses,

Aki

Maxie said...

Thanks guys!

My mom took care of many Aspins (Asong Pinoy or Philippine dog) before. She always tell me of the resilience and intelligence of these mixed breed dogs. It is sad that they are largely ignored just because they do not have the right looks or the papers to back up their ancestry.

I think animals have so much to offer and people have got to start looking beyond appearances. Like their own children, our parents would love and take care of us despite the fact that we are not perfect or as well behaved as they would like us to be.

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie you have beautiful soft cuddly looking ears. I know they are perfect for your mom to kiss and for you to hear everything needed to keep your family safe!

Kodak the Eskie said...

I love, love, love your ears! They aren't too big at all. I would love to lick them.

Hugs, Kodak

Amber-Mae said...

Hello there! Welcome to DWB!!! Yeah, you're right. Who cares about the ears. I think you look cute with them anyway!

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Charlie!
You are very cute! I like your ears! Great to meet you, pal!

Love,
Thor