Sunday, October 18, 2009

A visit to the vet

Today, my mom and I went to the vet. The vet has a resident dog, named Tom, who helps entertain visitors. Tom is very friendly, but I really was not in the mood to play.


I have been visiting since I was a puppy but I always get nervous around this place. I try to act cool but my heart is really pounding a hundred beats per minute. I just sat on this bench and waited for my turn.



Thankfully, I was only due for a checkup today. They measured my weight and cleaned my ears. The vet gave me a tablet and some liquid medicine so that I won't get any parasites. The vet also said I should eat more because I lost weight. I guess that means my mom should get me more yummy treats.

My mom was sooooooo annoying. She kept taking pictures of me. She's such a stage mother!


Afterwards, my mom discussed something with my vet. I could not hear it all but I heard snippets of their conversation - "New ter" and "this weekend." I didn't know what "New ter" means so I casually dismissed it. Must be some unnecessary hooman talk.

Hey pups! Do you know what "New ter" means?

8 comments:

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie,
I get very nervous, too, when I go to the vet, even for just a check up. I set all shakey and my tummy gets upset even though Dr. Julia is very nice. I think "new ter" means you will have to stay at the vet overnight and then you will have to wear a cone collar for awhile. It is scary but it doesn't hurt. I had something similar done when I was a pup, maybe THAT'S why I don't like going there.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh Charlie -

Woo needed to study my blog post from Sunday - I went to the vet and smiled the entire time!

Tom is khwite the khutie! I would love to play with him!

As fur the new-ter, it helps keep woo healthy but woo might have to sleep over at the vet's-

Be brave - woo will be fine!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Bear said...

Charlie, you so brave! I hate going to the vet, it is the most scariest place of all! Tom sure is cute. Were you able to play with him while you were there? I hope your Mom gives you lots of treats so you can gain your weight back.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Lorenza said...

Hi, Charlie!
Glad everything went well at the Vet!
I know what New-Ter means but I am not so sure you will like it! But it is for your own good!
Good luck!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hana said...

Tom is very cute!

I don't like the vet's office, too, so you're not the only one. But, I hope you got lots of treats for it, especially for posing at the vet's office for photos. I mean, really, when your Mom goes to her vet, does anyone take photos? So, you really do deserve lots of treats, especially since you need to eat more :-)

Newturd.... I am not sure what that is but my Mom says it is a good thing to get Newturd. You will do fine. Maybe you'll be groggy for a day or two but then after that you'll be back to normal!

White Dog Blog said...

Hi Charlie,
Have you decided on a Halloween costume yet? I thought of you last night as we were watching Pirates of the Carribean (for the 1 millionth time with my grandnephew). You would make an AWESOME swashbuckling pirate! Just an idea

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie, I saw on Hana's blog that you like french fries! So do I! Does your mom share her cheeseburger, too? I bet she would like green chile cheeseburgers which are a New Mexico tradition. Dad lets me have a bite or two (yum!) but says too many hot peppers aren't good for my system.

JD and Max said...

Hi Charlie - we're glad that you sailed through your check up even though you've lost a bit of weight, but actually having to eat more on medical advice - hey, that's something that we could only dream of, he he he! We like our vet - he gives us treats and tells us that we're handsome.

As the other pups have said getting a new ter will be fine. We each had a new ter a few months back - we were disappointed that it wasn't something we could eat but it went well and it's much better for your health to have it. Good luck - although you won't need it!

Big schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.