Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Farewell to a friend


Hana, my dear Eskie friend, passed away unexpectedly because of an aggressive form of cancer. She was only nine years old.

This is my favorite picture of her wearing the butterfly wings that Siku Marie sent her. She looked so pretty wearing it, a cross between a butterfly and an Eskie - a Buttereskie! This is how I would like to remember her- fluttering around while wearing her butterfly wings.

I will miss you dear Hana. You were very nice to me and helped introduce me to your other dog-blogging friends. You also left me messages and gave me healing vibes when I was sick.

My mommy cried at the news of your passing. We never met you in person but we feel we already know you. We feel sad for your mom and dad. They must be devastated at the lost of their beautiful girl. Though we are heartbroken because you already crossed the rainbow bridge, we know we will see you in time.

Wear your butterfly wings and run free, dear Hana. We will miss you so much.

13 comments:

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie, we share your sadness over Hana's loss. She was our first blogging friend, too! The beautiful special ButterEskie will live forever in our memories. Thanks for sharing.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a pawesome tribute!

As we've shared 'round The Blogosphere since reading of Hana's passing, we are doubly sad in that we nevFUR met her/visited her blog -

We feel so embarrassed fur missing out on such a special girrrrl!

Tank woo fur sharing your memories of her with us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Charlie,
We are all so sorry about Hana's death. Mack and I din't know her as y'all did, but she was the bestest buttereskie;and, one of the pretiest eskies that my big brother Mack has seen.
Sally Ann

Teddy Bear said...

Lovely tribute, Charlie. We are still in shock and still have lots of tears for our dear friend, Hana.

Love,
Teddy Bear

The Animal Doctor said...

Charlie, I remember how Hana made an effort to introduce you to other dogs. She was so friendly and helpful. I am still sad over her passing. I regret not having left a comment on her last post, now I will never be able to tell her how beautiful she looked as a buttereskie.

:( Jappy

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie, thanks for stopping by to visit. Your happy face always cheers me up and it has been a sad week. The rose WAS a beautiful color, wasn't it...normally roses on that bush are white with puple streaks, not completely lavendar. Hugs to you and your mom, my friend.

Lorenza said...

We are very sad too, Charlie.
Hana was a very special friend.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

we are hurting for the loss of our beautiful friend. Sister is very very upset about it.

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie, I have a furminator! As long as dad is gentle when he combs using it I actually enjoy it! It does remove lots of hair especially the undercoat.

The Schnauzer Brothers said...

Hi Charlie - we're so sorry to hear about Eskie - she looked so pretty as a ButterEskie and we're sure she's fluttering around at the Rainbow Bridge right now. Big schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie, please stop by my blog; I have an award for you!

Hana said...

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the lovely tribute to our sweet Hana Dog. We are slowly recovering from the sudden loss, but we will always remember our Hana. She gave us joy and was the spark in our lives.

We would like to send you something as a remembrance of Hana. Could you send me your address?

~Hana's Mom

Hana said...

Here is the email address. It is my "fake" public email address that I use for posting on public sites. jkblosch at yahoo dot com