Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trip to Zambales (Part 1)

Last weekend, I went to the beach with my mom, lolo (grandpa), lola (grandma), aunt and uncle. We estimated that the car ride will last at least 5 hours so we left at the break of dawn. The sun was just rising, its light reflecting on my eyes, when my mom took this photo.


We passed by the Candaba swamp, where migratory birds can be found. Those white dots are birds. They were too fast for my mom to capture a clearer shot.

We passed by mountain ranges...

fields...

and farmlands.

After a few hours, we stopped by the Subic Bay area to buy burgers and fries. I met a Labrador puppy named Smart. We played for a few minutes but we had to go off again.

A few hours later, I was getting restless. I was seated at the back with my mom with a special seatbelt so I wouldn't move around much. I was getting bored and kept looking at the back to see the cars behind us.
Mommm!!! Are we there yet?!
When we got to Zambales, we saw half-buried houses and rivers swallowed by Lahar (ashes mixed with rainwater) from the volcanic eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1990.




After 5 and 1/2 hours, we finally arrived at our destination.


9 comments:

White Dog Blog said...

What a great adventure! Even though the car ride was long, you did pass through some remarkable scenery and from the looks of the beach you are going to have a GREAT time. I cannot wait to read your stories.

The Animal Doctor said...

Charlie, I've been wanting to go to the beach too. We never get to go outside our subdivision. Im sure Jappy is very envious of your right now.

I love the last picture, the wind blowing your hair.

~

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What great pikhs of woo to open and khlose the post!

I khan't wait to see more from your trip!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Charlie!
Sounds like a veeeery long trip!
But sure worth it, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Teddy Bear said...

Long car rides...not that much fun but well worth it if you're going to a pawesome destination. Do you LOVE the beach? I hope you're doing lots of zoomies and enjoying swimming in that cold ocean water.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Pedro said...

Charlie,

Amazing pictures! That house looks perfect except it's half buried. Must have been eerie to see that. What a beautiful country you live in.

Pedro

White Dog Blog said...

Do you like to swim? I do not. But I LOVE running in the sand. Sometimes I go so fast that there is a plume of sand thrown up behind me! Do your humans go fishing (like Teddy's do)? Can't wait to see more photos and hear more about the trip...although it doesn't look like you will get to play in SNOW!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you get to go too! how exciting!

JD and Max said...

Hi Charlie - how wonderful that you got to go to the beach at last! We realise that we're lucky pups to live right next to the sea so we get to go to the beach every day. We think evey pup should experience the excitement and joy of a romp on the beach and we're so pleased you got to go too! Big schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.