Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tricked!

Why do I always have to work for my treat? Why mom?
Other dogs just have to look cute and they get rewarded.
But, I have to.....perform! The injustice!


My mother would always ask that I do a Long Stay
with a tempting treat in front of my nose.
She says its a test of character.
Yeah, whatever!

She told me that the treat will be placed on my paw

And I would have to resist

At first, I thought this was easy but after a short while,
my determination was starting to crumble.


The tasty biscuit was within my reach, I could just grab it.
I'll be very fast and she won't be able to catch me.

No!!! I must not grab the treat......

A few seconds later my mind was screaming

"This is torture!!!"

Somebody please call animal welfare.
This crazy woman should be apprehended.

Just a few more seconds, I tell myself, and...
Yes!! Victory!
Ahh...the well-earned treat tasted so good.
Now what?
I have to do it on both paws??! You must be kidding.

8 comments:

Suzuki said...

This is crazy! I will report her to the RSPCA fur you!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Teddy Bear said...

Wow, Charlie...way to hold off on eating the treats. I can do a great stay and wait to eat the treat if it's in front of me. But I don't like anything on my paws.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Mason Dixie said...

I could never do that, it is too much for me when I have to sit let alone to stare at it. I give you props for sure. =)

White Dog Blog said...

Wow Charlie, you are a Master of Discipline! My parents make me do the wait while holding the treat thing, too, and I agree it is inhumane...especially since mom can't even make it two minutes if there's a piece of dark chocolate placed next to her!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Charlie!
I know I am not able to resist that!
You are soooo good!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Casper and pals said...

Torture for sure!

Aki and Poopie said...

lets formalize your complaint and take this to the higher court, buddy. hehe... btw, my manang calls that biscuit - "the promise biscuit".. tsk tsk.. anything to trick me into behaving. as if i need to. harhar!

drooly kisses,

Aki

White Dog Blog said...

My mom says "thanks" for the birthday wishes. Dad and I DID put together a fab bash. Did you see how hard I had to work for just a few nibbles of tenderloin, and some cheese, and a couple of tortellini, and a sliver of cake...it is NOT easy to make sure a party goes smoothly!