You went away early this morning. You said you were too tense to even linger at home and wait for the results. I know you have been too nervous during this past days and weeks in anticipation of this fateful day. You talked to me before leaving, asking me if I would still love you even if you fail the exam. I hope you understood my reassurance because I would never judge you and will continue to love you no matter what. I gave you doggy kisses because I was trying to ease your anxiety. I did not know if that helped; a dog could only do so much.
Of course, you always told me that I played a very big role during the past year. During the times when your nerves would get the best of you and the day would be a horrible one, I was there to comfort you. When you need a hug, I would stay still so that you can give me a tight one. I would try to absorb all the negative feelings and send good vibes. There were times when you cried because you felt overwhelmed by the gargantuan task that you have to face, I would faithfully go to you and lick your tears away. You always laughed at that but, at the same time, would be reminded that whatever outcome this challenge will bring, you have a friend who would stand by you.
Today, I patiently waited for you to come back while other members of the human family were hovering over the computer and the television, waiting for the news, any news. They were designated to tell you about the outcome- good or bad.
Finally, at around 8:30 p.m., they were informed that the list was already out. They hurriedly checked the site to find your name. They were nervous, yet excited, to know about the results of the exam. At last, they saw your name; the room was filled with cheers and laughter. One immediately got the phone and dialed your number to inform you that you are finally a lawyer. It was hard to hear everything that they were saying amid the shouting, the cheerful banter and the tears.
After four tedious years in law school, months of studying for the exam and waiting for the result, it is now over. Your life, on limbo for the past months, can now continue. Congratulations mommy!!! You dreamt of this day years ago. After a lot of hard work and perseverance, your dreams finally came true.
Love,
Charlie
Of course, you always told me that I played a very big role during the past year. During the times when your nerves would get the best of you and the day would be a horrible one, I was there to comfort you. When you need a hug, I would stay still so that you can give me a tight one. I would try to absorb all the negative feelings and send good vibes. There were times when you cried because you felt overwhelmed by the gargantuan task that you have to face, I would faithfully go to you and lick your tears away. You always laughed at that but, at the same time, would be reminded that whatever outcome this challenge will bring, you have a friend who would stand by you.
Today, I patiently waited for you to come back while other members of the human family were hovering over the computer and the television, waiting for the news, any news. They were designated to tell you about the outcome- good or bad.
Finally, at around 8:30 p.m., they were informed that the list was already out. They hurriedly checked the site to find your name. They were nervous, yet excited, to know about the results of the exam. At last, they saw your name; the room was filled with cheers and laughter. One immediately got the phone and dialed your number to inform you that you are finally a lawyer. It was hard to hear everything that they were saying amid the shouting, the cheerful banter and the tears.
After four tedious years in law school, months of studying for the exam and waiting for the result, it is now over. Your life, on limbo for the past months, can now continue. Congratulations mommy!!! You dreamt of this day years ago. After a lot of hard work and perseverance, your dreams finally came true.
Love,
Charlie



12 comments:
Charlie, I don't know whether to cheer more for the fact that your mom passed the Bar Exam OR that she has such a wonderful, faithful companion (you)! In both cases, my entire family is so happy for her! We know you both worked VERY hard to make this dream a reality and are proud of you. Celebrate!
Way to go!!! A lawyer how awesome, hope you get lots of yummy treats for all you support. =)
WOOOOOHOOOOO!
Congratulations Charlie's Mum!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx
PeeS - My Mum finally got her act together and posted your pay it forward gift. She is soo useless sometimes...
How pawesome! CONGRATULATIONS to your Mommy on all of her hard work!
Love,
Teddy Bear
hey charlie boy,
congratulations to your mom for passing the exams!!! i know your mom deserves it because of her efforts, but seriously ( sshhh and this is a secret) i really think its the luck of the spitz.
the secretary told me how she almost got expelled from school because she'd rather spend time with her spitz. some people shook their heads at her, saying she's not taking her studies seriously. but these hoomans just didnt know what the doggies did for her. it was the doggies who comforted her and made her laugh when reading tons of books and cases almost drove her to the roof. during the reviews, she stayed in a place far away from all distractions ( in a convent, actually), and occassionaly, her dog would visit and stay overnight and entertain her. it made all those months of endless studying bearable.
waiting for the results is triple as bad as the review and exam itself. the thought of flunking makes the hoomans recoil in shame, makes them want to dig a hole to bury their head in.
so charlie, be proud. you've certainly been very good in supporting your mom all these months of waiting. you are a part of her success!
in behalf of my sissy trudis and my brother moy, congratulations!
jappy the japanese spitz
Congratulations to your Mom!
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Great things require a big effort and your mom did it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Congrats to your mom! thats SO great!
i tagged you for a meme- HERE!
Charlie,
Oh that is such great news! Please tell your mom congratulations! My mom and I are so happy for her!
Pedro
Congratulations, Charlie's Mom!
What an achievement!
Thanks Charlie for supporting and playing a big role in your Mom's life. You two were made for each other!
Do you hear us cheering you all the way from Texas?
Hi Charlie,
Hope your family is still celebrating your mom's great accomplishment. In the meantime, visit my blog because I have tagged you for a meme.
congratulations to your mom, charlie. You must be real pleased to have a super mom!
Post a Comment