Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Please send healing vibes for Charlie

Note from Charlie's mom:

This morning, I noticed that Charlie's wound looked odd - it was redder than usual and I could not see the stitches anymore. I brought him back to the vet to have it checked. The vet told me that Charlie must have removed his stitches (perhaps during those times when his cone had to be removed). The vet said his wound had to be disinfected and restitched.

Poor baby had to endure another surgery to have his stitches repaired. I heard him whimpering during the operation. He was still whimpering when I brought him home. He could not keep still and had a hard time sleeping. Having two surgeries in a week must have been very traumatizing for him.

I think I must have brought loads of dog treats to compensate for the guilt Im feeling. I feel horrible that he is suffering. I know having him neutered is best for him. I just wish he'll get well soon.

14 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

You did a very good thing to take him to start AND to take him back when you noticed that -

Other pups have done the same thing -

Khyra, Merdie, and I will send lots of healing vibes to you and to Charlie!

Back to the collar for him!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra, Merdie, and Khyra's Mom

White Dog Blog said...

Don't feel guilty, Charlie knows you love him and want the best health for him. You are doing a great job nursing him because you noticed the problem right away and took him back to the vet. It is a small problem that happens often.

Charlie, my friend, I know it hurts a little and is VERY itchy but be strong and DO NOT lick at the stitches. You will heal quickly. Your mom loves you very much and all of us friends are sending you lots of positive energy and love so that you will feel better in a very short time. Close your eyes and think about all of us nestled around you in spirit, protecting you, and making you happy. Charlie's mom...here's a cheek lick...we are with you, too.

Hana said...

Poor little Charlie. But, I am certain he is on the road to recovery. He will be better very soon.

JD and Max said...

Oh Charlie's mom, you must feel so bad but as Khyra said you did the right thing. Charlie will be fine - we're thinking of him and are sending all our healing vibes your way. This time next week it will be just a horrible memory - but we know it's a horrible thing to go through in the meantime. Big schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Hi Charlie's Mommy, this is Sally Ann. I was spayed at 8 weeks, so I don't really remember;but, Mommy says it is good to prevent cancers and stuff. Charlie will get better soon, it will just take time.
Sally Ann

Teddy Bear said...

I'm so glad that you caught the infection in time. I hope that Charlie gets better soon. Lots of rest and lots of treats.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

Lorenza said...

Paws crossed for you Charlie!
Be a good boy and don't make your mom feel guilty!
She did what is best for you!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

White Dog Blog said...

Hi Charlie,
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of your today. I hope you are feeling a little better. Know that I am sending you heal quickly vibes!

White Dog Blog said...

Charlie (and mom)
Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling better. It snowed by my house yesterday and I so wished you could come and play with me.

Hana said...

Hi Charlie,
We haven't heard from you in a couple days. I hope you let us know how things are going.

White Dog Blog said...

Happy Howl-A-Ween, Charlie! Hope you are feeling a little bit better today. Make sure mom gives you extra treats for trick-or-treats.

White Dog Blog said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Continue to heal, my friend. I cannot wait to see pictures of when you are up and playing with Mya again! I hope mom is less stressed about your health, too!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Charlie, how are you?
I hope that you're doing well by now, your mom was worried about your infected incision.
Please keep us informed, we care a lot about you!

White Dog Blog said...

Hi Charlie,
I just KNOW you are feeling better! Keep up the fast healing.