Feeling groggy from the drugs they gave me, I could not even recognize my mom right after the surgery. A few minutes later, I looked at this lady again, licked her hands and realized who she was- the person responsible for putting me through this ordeal.
Now, I can't sleep properly and I can't play with Myra. I can't stop licking my stitches because ITS JUST SO ITCHY!!! So, my mom put this cone-shaped thingy on my head. Great. Now, my mobility is compromised! I kept bumping the furnitures with it. They told me I look like a druken driver maneuvering the road. My family, ladies and gentlemen, have the gall to laugh at me and make light of the situation while I suffer.
My mom even took pictures of what I look like now. Hey Siku! You think I could come as a lampshade for Halloween?



On the bright side, I was told that a trip to the beach was my reward. I have never been to the beach but it's my mom's favorite place in the world. So, next month, I would finally see why she likes it so much.



9 comments:
Hi Charlie - we're glad you got through it okay. We share your indignation at wearing the cone and having PHOTOS TAKEN whilst wearing it!! What is it with humans and that flashy box when they think we look 'amusing' - they're the same when we've just woken up and look all disheveled and groggy for example - humph! We had loads of snaps taken of us when we were wearing the lampshade too after we were neutered - sigh.....! We advise laying on the guilt, going for loads of treats - oooh, and really enjoying the beach when you go, it's a great place! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.
Charlie,
I am so glad you are ok! I am sending you lots of "get well quickly" healing energy. Maybe your mom can try this suggestion from the vet to at least give you a break from wearing the cone...put a pair of human toddler pants over your back end so that you can't get to the stitches to lick. A beach get-away will be a very nice reward for all of this...I know you and your mom will have lots of fun! And Charlie...you are the entire lamp not just the shade...you light up so many lives!
I'm sorry you have to wear a lamp shade on your head, but at least it is clear and not solid colored. You can still see the world. In the "old" days, the plastic was solid and you couldn't see out of the sides of it.
Plus, you can enter the Halloween contests. Hansel is sponsoring one, did you know? http://halloweenspookee.blogspot.com/
Oh, Charlie, I'm so glad you are ok after your big boy surgery. I hope the itching goes away soon and that that cone can go away soon too. Atleast you didn't have to stay overnight after your surgery. That is what I had to do after my big boy surgery and it was the worst night of my life. No cone for me though. Try really hard to not lick your wound, that will make the cone removal come faster. You are going to LOVE the beach. It is one of the best places, ever!
Love,
Teddy Bear
Hi, Charlie!
Glad to know you are doing well after your surgery!
Those cones are not funny!
I hope you get rid of it soon!
My mom loves the beach too.
I am sure you will have lots of fun there!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Charlie,
I've been there, and I survived. I hope you heal up well. It was many many years ago, but I am OK now.
Mack
That's the spirit!
Keep smilin'
AND plotting how to get even!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Oh I'm capitalizing on the guilt-trip my mom is on. Today, while she was cleaning my stitches (and the abrasions surrounding the stitches- ouch!) she felt really sorry for me - she said she'll give me all the treats and toys I could ever want for the rest of my life.
Hey, guess what our vet did? He tooked a photo of Freyja on da operation tables when she was out cold wif his new digital flashy box just cuz he could!
Nice ta meet you, WOOF!
Post a Comment